Since 1980, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, and behavior therapists from the Center for Speech, Language, Occupational Therapy, and Applied Behavior Analysis (CSLOT) have been serving the communication, movement, and behavior needs of children and adults in the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide all services via tele-practice, in-person, and/or hybrid models.
CSLOT is a multidisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic center which began as a speech and language therapy center in 1980. Over the decades, with the acquisition of several departments as well as disciplines, there have been many changes to meet the needs of individuals who have difficulty due to their language, communication, motor, sensory, behavior, voice, or literacy skills.
For over 40 years, CSLOT has been proud to offer our clients a safe, professional, therapeutic environment where they know their needs are being addressed, their behavior is being supported, and their family is fully participating.
CSLOT offers a variety of programs that are individualized for each client’s unique needs. Our professional staff provides:
- Assessment of speech and language for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Assessment of movement and sensory skills for infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents.
- Assessment of behavior disorders for toddlers and children.
- Assessment of reading disorders in children.
- Speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, reading therapy, and applied behavior analysis (ABA) integrated with ongoing education and consultation for family members.
- A multidisciplinary approach to treatment, with clinicians who are trained to work with many types of developmental disorders and differences, and who collaborate to provide relevant and state-of-the-art assessment and treatment.
- Support groups for parents and family members.
- Community seminars on topics related to speech, language, child development, and occupational therapy.
- Home training for families and toddlers.
- Therapists who are bilingual in English and other languages such as Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, and Arabic.
- Private consultations and expert witness services.
CSLOT is known and respected in the health care community. We are:
- Recognized by the California Department of Education as a non-public agency and authorized to treat children who are unable to receive services in public schools.
- A vendor for the Regional Centers of California to provide treatment for children and adults who have developmental disabilities, or who are at risk for developmental disabilities.
- Contracted with numerous insurance providers and HMOs for direct billing services.
- Approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association to provide Continuing Education and CEUs for professional speech-language pathologists.
- Committed to social, cultural, and linguistic diversity, maintaining bilingual therapists for many programs.