Since 1980, speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists from the Center for Speech, Language and Occupational Therapy (CSLOT) have been serving the communication and movement needs of patients in the San Francisco Bay Area. CSLOT is a complete diagnostic and therapeutic center serving both children and adults. CSLOT offers intensive short-term programs as well as ongoing programs for the treatment of all speech, language, voice, movement, and sensory integration disorders at all levels of severity.
CSLOT offers a variety of programs that are individualized for each patient’s unique needs. Our professional staff provides:
- Assessment of speech, language and movement disorders.
- Speech and language therapy for children and adults and occupational therapy for children integrated with ongoing education and consultation for family members.
- Clinicians who are trained to work with many types of communication disorders and differences.
- Support groups for parents and family members.
- Community seminars on topics related to speech, language, child development and occupational therapy.
- Home training for families and infants.
- Therapists who are bilingual for English and other languages such as Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese and Arabic.
- Private consultations and expert witness services.
CSLOT is known and respected in the health care community. We are:
- Recognized by the California Department of Education as a non-public agency and authorized to treat children who are unable to receive services in the public schools.
- A vendor for the Regional Centers of California to provide treatment for children and adults who have developmental disabilities, or who are at risk for developmental disabilities.
- Contracted with numerous insurance providers and HMOs for direct billing services.
- Committed to social, cultural and linguistic diversity, maintaining bilingual therapists for many programs.